Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

I have always loved Mothers Day from the time I was a little girl to now. I loved treating my Mom with special things and giving her the attention that I felt she deserved. I remember fixing her breakfast in bed and thinking I was pretty great that I could be so big to accomplish this. When I got older I used to fix her dinner and try to not have her work at all. I think that is were I learned that service makes you feel so good about yourself. When I became a mother I always loved having my own kids do little acts of kindness that they had thought up. From going out in the yard, or the neighbors yard and picking me some flowers to rubbing my feet or just being helpful in all kinds of ways. This is a great memory for me I love to hear about ways that the little ones try to give of themselves. I ran into a letter that I had saved from one of my kids and it was priceless. Those little things mean so much. I Love you goes along way! We need to teach our kids to say this more often, and mean it. We have tried to do this more often in our family. I love that my grand kids tell me that all the time. They never leave my house without saying I Love you grandma. That is so awesome and it just sends chills up my spine to think about how much I love these grandkids, they mean the wolrd to me and I would fight for any of them. Which I have been known to do that a time or too. This has given me a name of "Rocky", need I say anymore. I do have to remember how old I am and try to act my age. I had a great Mothers day and I thank my family for the memories that they give me.

I do have to say that this Mother's Day is a first for me and Jim. It is the first time that we have celebrated it without our Mothers. It is bitter sweet. So Happy that they are where they are but so sad that we can't just talk to them and give them hugs and kisses. Forever your mom and forever in our hearts you will be. We Love you Moms and miss you so much!!! We will survive and we will continue to have Mothers Day's, but we always remember how much we have loved you for all that you both have done for us. Great Examples and great women to follow in there foot steps. Happy Mothers Day to the Best Moms in the World!!!!!!

3 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Sweet, sweet memories you'll always have. I just read a quote -"the best way to have Heaven in your home.... is to have someone from your home in Heaven" - you have two sweet moms watching over you!

Our Newman 6 said...

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!! Thanks for the good memories when I was a kid and the GOOD memories we are making today... I miss our Grandmas but feel so blessed that they each touced our lives in such a strong way... I LOVE YOU TONS!!!

About Us said...

Well I hope you had a HaPpY MoThErS dAY!! You are a wonderful mother:)