Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIAL dAY

Today is Memorial day and it is a wonderful day to remember our loved ones that have left us for a while. We are very lucky to be so close to the cemeteries. Our folks are in Bothwell and Tremonton. Since my dad died in 1983 I have taken it upon myself to make sure his headstone is clean and shiney. So we did this a few days ago and I thought it looked great with all the scrubing and polishing. I have also liked to buy some cute little wind mill type ornaments and so I found a fish this year and some flowers for the mom's. The cemetery looked so beautiful and the fresh new rain storm even made it look even better. A big Thank you to those how take care of the cemetery and make sure it looks so nice on this special day. I used to think we needed to have a picnic on this day to make it be some fun along with the visits to the graves. I have learned through out the years that it doesn't matter as long as you remember those who have gone ahead of us. I Love my Mom's and Dad's so much and miss them alot! But I am so grateful that they are in heaven working hard to prepare things for the rest of us to come be with them someday. We have relatives in Logan,Smithfield, and Bear River City. I don't know if we will make it to all of them but we are thinking about them all today. I love this day and find Joy in the remberances.

1 comment:

About Us said...

Debbie, you are so cute! I admire you more than you will ever know. You are a wonderful mother and grandma, your family is so lucky to have you:)