Thursday, July 2, 2009

What lesson do we need to LEARN......

I have a need to write about a family personal trial that we are going through again. So this is just for my own journaling. I hope to look back on it some day and say I know why We all had to go through that again. We have a family member that struggles with addiction. It is such a wicked disease. It is surely Satan at high speed. He gets in your head and turns the on button to full throttle. I can only tell you these things from hearing it through my listening ear. The trial started many many years ago and it has had a tight grip on him for that long. He has had much schooling on how to deal with this and many hours and months of being locked up to give him the time to think it through and still it sneaks back into his life, even when he knows how horrible it makes him feel for doing it, the power is over whelming. We can only sit back and pray for him and try to give him encouragment. We have told him he has to turn it over to the Lord and he will be the best help he could find at this point. He has totally done that this time and we have seen much humilaty in him. You can't imagine what makes a person do the things that they do. I feel that I had taught him correct principles and he knew how to pray and he had a good job. But that is never enough. This power is stronger and more powerful than any of us can fatham. He has asked for forgivness and has given us the message that he will never do this again. What would our Savior do would he keep forgiving him. I think he would and so we will again. How do you help your own when it gets so bad. I have read many books and been to classes and feel we have tried our best. We have turned it over to the Lord and feel that is the only way to get through this trial again. It is given us a new understanding and compassion to those who fall into this pit of addiction. Keeping your self positive in a place that is nothing but a dead space. I am so proud that he can keep going and we pray that he will continue to stay positive and get this behind him and be able to come back and prove to everyone including himself the great person he really is. We are all looking so forward to that day. This life is truely the test, and many of us have different tests we have to go through. What is your test? I ask myself that all the time, am I passing or failing? Do we truely know when we will have to have a trial that we need the help of our Heavenly Father to carry us when it gets so bad we can't make it without him. I feel like if it wasn't this test, it would have been another one so I am proud that we have a loving family that stands together in this trial and helps each other stay strong and keep our heads held high. We only have to please our Heavenly Father and no one else.I hope I haven't said to much about our troubles and my family is upset about me putting this on my Blog, but I really only have this to keep my records on so. Heres to A BIG TRIAL.......This Life is the TEST....

4 comments:

About Us said...

WOW! Debbie, you are an amazing person, and are always so positive. I know that this trial has caused you & your family alot of heart ache. I know that if we ask for the Lord's help he will carry us through. I hope and pray that he will continue to stay positive. My thoughts are w/ you and your sweet family:)

All About Us said...

Heck no why would we be mad!!We will get through this. So will he. I love you debbie you are a good example to all of us. We will keep pushing. no matter how long it takes. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you guys! We love you thiiiiiiiiiiis much clear to the moon.

Alison said...

Debbie, sometimes I think it helps to get it off your chest. You are a great example to me with this trial. I know Heavenly Father Loves him greatly and is quick to forgive him each time. He is a great guy, sorry he has to experience this in this life. Our prayers are with you...this life is a test.

No Buckaroos said...

Wish I was there to give you a great big hug - you are amazing and are such a good example to everyone that knows you. See you soon - love you lots.