Sunday, March 29, 2009

California Sun

Well I had a wonderful time visiting California, The sun was absolutly delightful. I have 5 sisters and we are very close, we enjoy being around each other and try to visit each other when ever we can. Sherrie is the oldest of the sisters and she and her husband have been snowbirding in California for a few years. My sister Margo has just returned home from a mission in Somoa, so Margo had not seen my sister Sherrie since she had returned. She was anxious to see her. So they planned a trip and invited my other sister Dawnm to go also. She has just lost her husband, and was excited to go but didn't want to be the thrid wheel so she asked about seeing if I could take some time off to go also. I jumped at the chance. I was really hating winter and was excited to have some sunshine. We started out staying the first night in St. George and then headed to Las Angles. We stayed at the apartments at the Temple and attended a session in the evening. It was a nice visit but I was ever so glad to leave L.A. (to many people.) We then drove to Elcentro, it is a Naval Airforce base and the V.A.s can stay there for quite resonable. Also they have all the privaleges while on base. We were able to go swimming and catch a few movies and have dinners in the mess hall which was very delicious. It was a fun experience. We played lots of games and laughed alot. Time to head for home and so we stayed a few nights in Las Vegas. Another busy city. We attended the Temple and then in the evening we went up town to see the sites. We seen the fountains and lots of strange people got in our five miles for the day and called it a night. Headed for home and wouldn't you know it we ran into a snow storm. yuck!!! So the best part of the trip was the sunshine and getting together with my sisters. It is a bond that I really cherish. So Thanks to all who went on the trip and had some good laughs with me it was great.

2 comments:

Our Newman 6 said...

Hey you told me you was bringing home the SunSHinE where the heck is it.....j/k I love you but I really did miss ya tons...

Kristene said...

One thing my sisters and I have learned from "THE SISTERS" is to take time to get together! And we do.. We do it as often as we can (which can be tricky, like it is for you sisters, too). But we love it, and I have to say that we learned it from you! Thanks, Deb!... and Dawn, D-Ann, Margo, and Sherrie! PS Cindy and Camile are coming to see us in Ljubljana in September - the tradition continues on...