Monday, August 24, 2009

Box Elder County Fair.....

It is that time of year again and I have to say I love hate it. I love that it is time to show off the projects that the kids have worked so hard at. Show off the talents of many people in the valley and just to get to be together as a community and say Hi. I love that I have had an opportunity to help for the past few years in the exhibit building in the fine arts dept. I get to help with the Afaghan's accept them,do the paper work on them and then present them to the judges. I then get to display them the best that we can. I love that I get to work with my sisters. I started out with Dawn, and I doing this job, them she got moved up the ladder and we recruted D-Ann to help. Either way I get to spend a day with them. I have met and helped with a lot of very nice people that donate there time to the fair. I realize that this is such a small bit of help but it does make me feel good that I can do a tiny bit to help.
I Hate that it is time for summer to be over and I have to go back to work. I hate that my grandkids are growing up so fast and that it will be only a few more years and they will be on there own and who knows where they will be. Life has to move on but some days I hate it. I think I will take back that ugly word Hate and say I just am a little sad instead of hate. I guess I will be Happy and try to forget the sad part. I do love life and want to make everyone around me think that I am a good person and a Happy person so, Here's to another great year at the BOX ELDER COUNTY FAIR. Hope to see you and be able to say HI!!!!!

2 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Yeah it's fair time! (whatever!) I'm like you - it's a love/hate(Dislike) kind of thing. Oh well -It just means school starts Monday! Where did the summer go? See ya at the BECF! Love ya much.

Tawnie! said...

I am sure we will be seeing you at the fair! Thanks so much for telling Koop that he can come to you for anything at school--it really means alot especially to his mom! You guys are a great family and I am honored to be your friend! Have fun this week!