Saturday, August 29, 2009

A great relative of mine...

You won't believe this but I just spent the afternoon with Elder Russell M Ballard. He is a relative of mine. We had a Ballard reunion and my brother decided to ask Elder Ballard to it. He said that he would love to come and see some of his relatives. We weren't sure it was really going to happen, because he is very busy. But it did, and what a wonderful man. He had his wife talk to us and then he talked and told us some stories about our relatives I had never heard about. We share the same great Grandfather. It got to be a little confusing when all the families wanted to get there picture taken with him. But all in all it was a marvelous day. The Fair kept my family from being their and I missed them being able to see this great man. The spirit that he brought to our party was amazing. He and his family are just regular people with the same goals that we have to someday be with those who have gone before us. It will be a day that I will cherish for a long time. Sorry I didn't get a picture of him, I am not that pushy. Anyway just for my records I got to rub shoulders with Apostle Russell M. Ballard today and shake his hand and talk to him just like he was a long lost cousin. WOW!!! I can't believe that really happened. I am proud to be a part of such a good family.....

2 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

I loved hearing your story! That's way awesome -

klindorf@gmail.com said...

I'm proud to be a part of such a good family, too! Proud to be a Ballard... Thanks to Grandma!