Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Fun

It isn't as super as it is cracked up to be. You watch the games all fall until the season is over and then the big day arrives and they create this big atmosphere about all the players and all the past games and all the comericals and all the who is and who isn't and how cares anyway. I just think it is funny. I can't believe how much is made about the super bowl. I like to go along with the idea of having a party. I always like to get together and have some fun. We had some family over and had a nice dinner and a lot of snacks. So the boys went down stairs to watch the game. The ladies stayed upstairs and played some card games. That is my idea of a fun time! I ate way to much junk and got all excited about who won our card game so all in all I think I got the same effect as the men do. I did try to sound like I cared about the football game asking everso often who was winning? So I guess our super bowl Sunday was a success!!I haven't posted for a few days so I am going to sum up the past few days in a short but brief paragraph.
I have to tell you we went to Vans Drive Inn for there first official opening, Friday night. Had a good cheese burger and some delicious onion Rings. They tasted great even if we had to wait quit a while. I wish them good luck and hope it works out to be a for sure thing. Sat. we had our grand son Mick baptized and it was wonderful. I was so proud of him. We had great support from the family and it turned out to be a beautiful day. I love to see the sun shine and it shined all day on Saturday. Happy Happy Day!!!!! We had the Coombs girls and that was a fun time they are so cute and helpful. We took them to church with us and I was so proud of them being so reverent and they are such pretty girls I loved showing them off. My newest Quote I found that I love is this ("THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH LIFE IS TO LAUGH THROUGH IT. YOU EITHER LAUGH OR CRY AND I PREFER TO LAUGH. CRYING GIVES ME A HEADACHE.") THIS IS WRITTEN BY Marjorie Pay Hinckley I loved that cute little lady. I am still working on learning on pics maybe soon I will get enough courage to try again. (Let the good times roll.) Keep smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

We should have come to your super bowl party - way more fun that ours! (we didn't have one!) Love the quote - We do need to laugh more often! You're awesome!

Our Newman 6 said...

I agree The super bowl is almost as big a deal as Christmas!!! But who cares as long as we have an excuse to get together right... Thanks for the GREAT night even if there were a few grumps at the party oh well its them that miss out. Mom Thanks for all your help with the Baptism and all your support in everything we do. WE LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!!!

Alison said...

I like that quote too!!! I agree there is way too much hype about the super bowl but it is an excuse to get together and eat some good food!