Sunday, January 25, 2009

You Gotta Love It !

Where do I begin to tell you about my amazing week I just had. First I was asked to look after Janiece's family while her and Scott went on there annual Denver trip. I was happy that they asked me. Shaunie is very capable of taking care of things but she had such a heavy week, at school that Janiece thought she might need a little extra help. So let me tell you about it.
It started off on Jan 19Th at about 3:00 run Shaunie to the dentist. Go to Janiece"s and start some super. Mick & Shaylie were swimming with cousins and so Shelby helped me. I wanted to make them feel special while I was with their family. They are all so good to me. I think I was the one that was treated like a queen instead of me doing much for them. You see there is Gage (there darling little dog), that loves Grandma. Every where I went he was right behind me protecting my every move. I do like that little dog, he doesn't bark only to let us know when someone is at the door. Your own personal doorbell. Then there was Mick that is a dynamite of a boy he keeps us all laughing and watching his crazy moves. He has a lot of energy and loves his sisters to death. Shaylie has an adorable giggle and dimples to go with it. She is always happy and giggling. Now Shelby, she is one fun gal to be around, she is so sharp with her witt. She comes up with the funniest things to say. You can't help but laugh your head off when ever you are around her. They say she has a temper, but this Grandma has never seen it. She was my second hand helper. She could have done the job just fine herself but, thanks Shelby for letting Grandma be there to help you guys. Then there is Shaunie she is very into being a top student and doing her best in her F.F.A. projects and so it was like she wasn't even there. She had to stay up late and stay after school so we didn't have her around to much. She turned 16 on the 21, and it was fun to fix her a special dinner and share with her her exciting day. She would have probablly rather been with her friends but she spent her night with us and we all loved it. All though we never did get her ,her birthday spankings. I guess she is going to have to get the tickle machine for that now. We kept very busy and the time just flew by. It was thur. before we knew it. We where all anxious for Janiece's return and so we kept in touch with her all day with texting her every move. Yes you heard it right I was even texting this week I had to learn quick because that is the way the kids get in touch with you and let you know what they need. Shelby needed an asprin one day Shaunie needed some papers signed and then, come get me I'm done. I thank the Newman family for there patience with me, but I am glad I learned how and I promise I will get faster. Well just to let you know of some of the High Lights of the week. Just picture a mattress 4 feet off the floor and huge logs all around the king size bed. We just didn't want to be apart so we decided to all sleep in Mom's bed. The kids got me a stool and then still had to pull me up. I have never seen a bed so high off the floor. We laughed and giggled and then I said, we have to get some sleep. They were so good to mind and so I sneaked out of the bed and hit the couch. I have still been having some trouble with my shoulder and I get up quite a few times a night so I knew I wouldn't be able to get back in without the help of the kids. That was a fun memory. There was Shaunie coming home after winning at her comp. with F.F.A. and seeing how glad she was that she had done so well and that it was over so she could get some needed rest. Way to go Shaunie, Grandma is so proud of you! Shelby is playing Basketball for the church team and at her game she got nailed with the ball she came home with a good looking goose egg. Sorry Shelby it looked really sore but sure looked funny when it happened. At the game Shaylie I think got thinking to much about her Mom coming home and so she curled up and layed her little head on my lap and just rested during the game. Thanks Shaylie for the cuttle moment. Then there was helping Mick with his homework, wow, that brought back some old memories. Way to go Mick you are getting so smart and It doesn't matter what you do you try to do your very best. That sums up a few of my feelings about my fun week with the Newman family. All I can say is You Gotta Love It! and I did!!! I will be glad to tend for you anytime, I Love my grandkids to pieces, and I think it is so important to keep up with there activities. I pray that I can always be there for them and be able to share in there lives. Janiece You and Scott have done and are still doing a terrific job with your family. Keep up the good work!!!

2 comments:

About Us said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week! I like the story about the bed, that's cute:) I agree Janiece & Scott have the best kids, they are always so sweet.

Our Newman 6 said...

WOW what can I say but THANK YOU mom you are the best!!! Scott and I had a lot of fun getting away and was able to just relax and let you be there for the kids' every move. You are AWESOME!!! I know they had a blast with grandma and yes they are alot like me and we do get homesick for each other but what can I say like mother like daughter right. j/k
FAMILIES ARE THE BEST and I am not sure what I would be like without mine thank you mom and dad for helping scott and I raise such good kids WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!!!