Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Coombs'Cartoons

This is going to be funny just like a cartoon. I am trying to show off my talents. Which you will soon see how much I have, just remember if you want a laugh just blog on to me and you can get a good chuckle!

I am a wife, a mother, a sister and a great Grandma! I have 4 great kids and I have 11 grandkids with one more on the way in April. I have been married to one guy for 40 years, can you believe it? I married young so It has gone by fast. I married Jim in 1969 and we have had alot of fun in those 40 years. I don't want to go through all the fun but. just so you know I have been married to a guy that absolutely LOVES his job so I have had to be very patient with his first love. I think you get the drift. It is especially fun in the winter when he has to be on call 24 -7 when it snows he goes. I am very proud of his dedication to his work and caring for the public. He tries so hard to keep the roads safe. I think I will keep him for another 40. who knows maybe we will go on a trip or cruise when he retires so I will have something to really write about.
I am a lunch lady at the Bear River Middle School. I have been this for 24 years and I love it. I have been able to have a job that gives me alot of time off and the whole summer to be able to go watch my grandkids preform in there talents. I have worked up to being the unit manager for the school and it is quite a bit of responsibity. I guess it isn't so bad, I at least get to tell the ladies what to do and oh yes, I do like to boss people around. Is this a talent?
I have had a great desire to learn more on the computer and I fell very unsure of myself so I keep asking my daughter to help give me lessons and she just says to just try different things and you will figure it out. I am very scared to do this so it is going to be hard.
I have been serving in the Relief Society as the 1st councillor in the presidency. I love it but I have been in there for 3 years and I think we are going to get a change real soon. Jim is a sunday school teacher and he is doing a great job the kids really like him. He always has treats for them and that always helps them like you better. (What ever it takes)
We as a family are trying to have family Home evening every week at our home and have all the kids come to it. It is amazing how much the kids love it. I am so proud of my grandkids and there testimonies. I can honestly say that this has helps us as grandparents to increase our testimonies also. I love having a project going on if it isn't tearing a wall down it might be tearing a set of cupboards out I think my ideas are great! Jim doesn't always agree until we are done then he likes them.
Well this is a story that is never ending so I will try to create this and see what happens. Like I said hang on for a crazy ride!!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Yay, you joined the blogging world. Thanks for your comment. It means a lot. I know my mom really loved your and your friendship with her! I really admire you greatly! Keep blogging cause I will check back often!!

CAPENERFAM said...

Grandma Deb ~ You are doing so great at this computer stuff! We will have to stop by some time and visit you guys. I see Grandma Bonnie now and again and think of you all. The Coombs family will always be on the front page of my book! Luv Ya! MWC

Our Newman 6 said...

Wow you did it!!!!!! GOOD JOB MOM! You are so AWESOME you are going to love this blogging thing just think of it as scrapbooking or journaling we have all been counciled to keep a journal this is as close as I get. Mom THANKS for being my BESTEST friend in the whole wide world I LOVE YOU and love the person you are you are such an example to me. I appreciate you and our friendship you mean the world to us!!!!

twinsand2boys said...

How fun that youre blogging! Sure, bossing people around is a talent LOL...its called leadership :) Ill have to check in more often.

No Buckaroos said...

I'm catching up on your blog tonight while Kody is asleep and it's very quiet at Katie's house! It's a great way to journal! Love ya much.