Sunday, January 18, 2009

SNAP what has happened ?

I have not been myself for a few days, I have had some trouble with my shoulder. I tore my rotators muscle and so it has caused my arm to go numb and terrific pain. I think that is so crazy how it happened. I have been swim walking and using my arms like I am swimming. Then next morning I got up getting ready for work reached up to work on my hair and snap something happened. It seemed to get worse as the day went on. I couldn't even move my arm for two days and had to miss work. You know it is bad for me to miss work. I try to go no matter what. So I finally decided I had to take some action because it wasn't getting better on it's own. So I called the chiropractor and got an app. If they couldn't help then I will go to the medical Dr. next. My app. was at 3:00 Friday afternoon and then we were going to meet up with Bobby and Lisa to hit a movie. Well I headed down to Brigham by myself and was at 1100 S. exit. That is the worst, for getting on the road for the cars getting on the freeway. I was waiting my turn giving myself plenty enough room in front of me from the car ahead of me. I could see in my rear view mirror I could see a huge semi truck not slowing down very quickly. Easing off the brake I moved forward a bit, and snap it happened. He hit the back end of my car. Wow!!! I was just hit by a semi. I couldn't believe it. I pulled over and so did he. We got out of the car and he asked if I was all right? I said I guess, but what was you think? Why didn't you stop. He said his brake would not lock up as good as it should. Was that an excuse I had never heard of such a thing. He just wasn't paying attention. I could see that it hadn't done a lot of damage to my outfit. But it was my new car and I would have to get it fixed. I called the 911 and told them to send someone out. I think I told the operator that it was north bound instead of south bound. Oh well I was in sock right? He proceeded to tell me that he would loose his job if we had to report this. Could we just settle it with some money? He was offering me 500.00 then 1,00.00 did he have something to hide? I thought I better ask the officer what to do. As it turned out I never made it to my app. and I was still in pain. I settled up with the truck driver and He ended up not giving me any where near what he told me at first. I was just grateful that we had not gotten hurt. I don't know how much it will cost to get my car fixed but I will deal with this another day. I met up with my date and we ended up going to the movie. It was not the best for language but the story was good. I wish we could have movie makers realize that they don't have to talk that way to get the point across. I was able to get to the Chiropractor the next morning and I think he helped me quite a bit. We will see how the next few days go. I hate that I am falling apart. I am not looking forward to the next snap. I wanted to get a pic of the dent in the bumper to show you all how very lucky I was, it could have been terrible. To think that I had been hit by a semi. WOW!!!! Thank you Heavenly Father for watching over me..

4 comments:

About Us said...

OH Debbie! I'm so glad you are okay, it could have been alot worse. You are always so positive, I just love you more than you'll ever know. Thanks so much for calling me to sub, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you:) I hope you get to feeling better soon:)

All About Us said...

I am sorry for the bad week that you have had. Hopefully things will get better.
WE have a little problem. You have someone elses blog under chad and wanda. Or are they really chad and wanda. Take a look at it. thanks

Elaine Duree said...

Aunt Debbi, You better go see that Chiropractor multiple times for the next few weeks. He will fix your arm and any trauma related from the accident. BE CAREFUL! I know it was not your fault. Lately I think it's all about how we are thinking. So mind your thoughts you are not falling apart. You will live the length your Father intends. And don't stop the water walking, that's the best exercise you can be doing. Love you, your not going out that way! Elaine

No Buckaroos said...

You didn't tell me it was a SEMI that hit you! I'm so glad you weren't hurt. Love ya tons.