Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memories of my mom


This is a picture of my dear sweet little MOM. She passed away in July of this year and I miss her alot. I guess I should say she has been gone for quite a few years. She had alzhimers, so The real Mom wasn't there. But we were so very lucky that she was so pleasant and kind up to the very end. Even though she couldn't remember 2 seconds after she told us somthing. She could tell us stories about her past when she was a little girl. This picture was taken in the Bear River Valley Nursing Home she spent her last years at this home. We are so grateful that she was able to return home to her Heavenly Father, and be with the Loved ones that have gone before her. Mom loved the color purple. As you can see she is wearing purple. It was fun to buy her things while she was in the home. Her last Christmas we got her a little tree and I found purple decorations and she loved it. She used to do her own shopping and so it was like we had a chance to to her mom in return for all she had done for us. Mom was a frugal person and never wanted to waste anything, if she couldn't eat all her food she would take it wrapped in a napkin and take it back to her room. She was quick with her witt and everyone loved to be around her. Her hands were always busy she kept crocheting up to the very end. Sometimes we weren't sure what she was making but she always wanted to give you somthing and if she gave us what she had been crocheting we would just take it home un do it and bring the yarn back to her in a few days. Sorry mom, but it was good therapy for your hands to stay busy. I Loved my MOM to pieces and was so proud of the example she had showed me through out her life. Many people have told me of the many acts of kindness that she had done for them through out her life. (Mom I want to grow up and be just like you) Love you Tons- miss you and yet so glad you are where you are now. FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!

4 comments:

All About Us said...

What a nice post!! I love it. your already a pro blogger. Keep it up.

Elaine Duree said...

Love this post Aunt Debbie makes me tear up reading it.

No Buckaroos said...

I'm so glad I got to meet your mom and get to know her a little bit. She was such a good example - you have grown up to be just like her! Like mother, like daughter!

Our Newman 6 said...

WOW the tears are flowing I to miss Grandma so much I really need my socks sorted and I think my kids need another lesson from her. Mom you are so much like Grandma in so many ways I LOVE YOU and feel so blessed to have you and GRANDMA apart of our lives.