Sunday, January 11, 2009

The end of a season

Today was bitter sweet.....
I was released from my church calling today and it was a bit emotional. I didn't think I would feel so bad about leaving, but it is hard to not be in the loop. I feel like I have lost a best friend. I know that change is good and defenitly was time for a change and we all agreed. But when it came down to really being done it hurt. I do love those sisters. I have grown to love the ladies that I worked with and appreciate the friendships that we made with each other. I have served in the Relief Society for quite a few years, first I was a teacher for three years and then in the presidency. I will get over this but I truely feel bad that it has ended. I loved to go visit the sisters in the ward and felt that we didn't get enough of that in. It will be an awesome new presidency, and I will have to serve somewhere else. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had and thank all those who helped us in our calling. So to Melanie, Mailee, and Lisa, I Love you guys to pieces and thank you for your love and acceptness to me. I'm going to miss ya......

2 comments:

About Us said...

Debbie, I never got to see you at church today. But I wanted to tell you that you guys have done a wonderful job serving our ward. You will be missed:)

Our Newman 6 said...

Mom, you have done an excellent job and we have all recieved many blessing by your kind service to your R.S. there will be new adventures ahead I am sure I love you and Thanks for being an example to me and others your kindness, compassion, smile and friendship spreads to those you are always around I LOVE YA!!!